
Two interesting things happened over the last couple days. Call them coincidence, if you wish, but I like to think differently.
1. On the girls' birthday, Dad (me), Mom, Grandma, and Kate were looking at the videos I took when the girls were less than an hour old. Kate was mildly interested in her own video, but she really paid attention to Corey's. And when Corey was making little cooing noises, Kate started talking back to her. Made us all cry.
2. The next morning, Kate was looking up to the place on the mantle where the box with Corey's ashes sits, and she was waving.
It does make me wonder--how much does Kate remember of Corey? We'll make sure Kate grows up knowing who Corey was. I just hope she'll not just know Corey in such an abstract sense, but that she'll know Corey in her heart, as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment