Thursday, February 8, 2007

Feb. 8


Another day, another ounce each. That's based on the idea that they're gaining about half a pound a week now. I've done very little to get the house in order for when the kids come. Between work, tending to Tessa, and doing all the housework, I just don't have the time or energy.
What you see to the right is the nursery. What you see in the nursery (aside from one bouncer and umbrella stroller on the top left and two Pooh lamps at top center) is about 30 years worth of comic books. I'm sorting them out alphanumerically so that I can sell most of them on eBay. Believe it or not, this chaos is probably at the 3/4ths done stage. Once they're sorted and put in those boxes, then they go into the guest bedroom and we can start moving the babys stuff we have into the room and figure out where everything can go.
On top of this, we have a cracked windshield, the DVD player went out, we need the carpets cleaned, wills written up, and tax returns filled out (first, gotta sort the medical reciepts--the comic books are probably easier!). Rome wasn't built in a day, and the babies aren't going to care what the house looks like when they get here. We won't have time for DVDs, the babies will just re-mess up the carpets, we won't die, and we can always make stuff up for the taxes (or pay an accountant to go through the receipts, right?) Que Sera Sera.
I just have to refuse to work any overtime this weekend. Gotta keep the priorities straight.

No comments: